Daydream Island Resort
from €125 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Located in the Whitsundays on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, travel to the award winning Daydream Island Resort and step into a tropical paradise. Accessible via a 30 minute ferry ride from Hamilton Island or The Port of Airlie, this vibrant resort is home to an abundance of exciting activities and facilities to make your holiday an unforgettable one. The resort offers refurbished modern rooms and suites overlooking the gardens, pools and ocean.
The Living Reef, the resort’s 200m man-made outdoor aquarium wraps around the central building, is a big highlight. Holding 1.5 million litres of water, over 100 species of marine life, colourful corals and fantastic activities such as joining the team of marine biologists who live on the island and feed baby stingrays, this attraction will be sure to thrill the whole family.
The children will love this island resort, with fun-filled children’s programs, three large, lagoon style swimming pools, and tasty food and drinks. Families are well accommodated here, with the option of interconnected rooms and suites, featuring bright contemporary décor and breath-taking views.
With beautiful beaches, gym facilities, swimming pools, brilliant non-motorised water sports, rainforest walks, and a range of delicious restaurants including three new restaurants and bars, you’ll never get bored at this wonderful island retreat.
Located in the Whitsundays on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. This tropical resort is nestled on Daydream Island, one of seven Molle Group isles that form a sub-group of the beautiful Whitsunday Islands, along the North Eastern coast of Queensland.
- 30 minutes by ferry from Hamilton Island Airport and from The Port of Airlie
There are 277 rooms and suites, all featuring:
- Ensuite and shower
- Air conditioning
- Bar size fridge and mini bar
- Complimentary tea and coffee facilities
- Safety deposit box
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Standard – choose between either one king bed or two queen beds, these contemporary rooms are conveniently located near the centre of the resort with views of the tropical gardens. Sleep a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Superior – With the same amenities as the Standard Garden, plus a spacious balcony. Available in Pool View, Poolside or Ocean View. Choose between either two queen beds or one king bed. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Deluxe Ocean Terrace – Airy rooms located on the eastern side of the Driftwood Wing, with uninterrupted views of the ocean towards the Whitsunday Islands. Choose between either two queen beds or one king bed. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Deluxe Serenity Twin – Colourful suites with two queen beds, a sitting area, and a balcony with gorgeous views. Families can also interconnect this suite with a Daydreamer Suite. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Serenity Suite – One expansive suite which is all about the spectacular Lovers Cove View. Featuring a terrace with outdoor furniture, and a walk in shower. Sleeps a maximum of two adults and two children.
- Family Rooms – Two spacious resort rooms with an interconnecting door, choose from a Superior Pool View, Pool Sode or Ocean View. Sleeps a maximum of four guests, including two adults and two children.
- Inkstone Kitchen & Bar – Inspired Australian dishes, serving the best in steak and seafood. Open for breakfast 06:30am-10:00am, lunch from 11:30am-3:00pm and dinner from 5:30pm-9:00pm.
- Infinity – Enjoy an Asian Fusion dining experience, along with expansive views of the Whitsunday Islands. Open daily from 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Graze – A modern buffet offering a range of international cuisines with live cooking stations. Open daily for breakfast from 06:30am-10:00am and dinner from 5:30pm-9:00pm.
- Barefoot Bar – Centrally located amongst the gardens the Barefoot Bar is an outdoor venue where you can relax with a drink, snack or a gourmet burger. Open daily.
- Tonic Bar – spanning from the atrium out towards the living reef you can find the Tonic Bar. As the island’s speciality Gin bar, it’s a great place to meet for a G&T before or after dinner.
- Three large, lagoon style swimming pool, one features Barefoot, the swim-up bar.
- Tennis courts
- Living Reef – the resort’s outdoor aquarium
- Multiple water sports are available, including diving and snorkelling.
Enjoy a relaxing massage or facial in one of the two spa suites.
- Children aged 0-12 years can eat and stay free of charge if sharing a room with adults and utilising existing bedding.
- Kids Club – Open daily; choose between a morning (8:30am-12 midday) or afternoon (1:00pm-4:30pm) session or 3 hour babysitting services. The 4-12 year’s program includes wildlife experiences such as fish feeding, coral collecting, rainforest wildlife walks and talks, beach sports, scavenger hunts, arts and crafts, movies, kite making and much more. Must be pre-booked.
- Living Reef – Located by the entrance of the resort, this free from living reef wraps 200m around the building holding 1.5 million litres of water. Home to over100 species of marine fish, coral, starfish, sea cucumbers and crabs. There are free educational feeding sessions, Stingray Splash Experience, wading knee deep into the reef to say hello and guided fish feeding experiences are all available to book.
- Stinger season takes place between October and March every year, during this time a stinger suit must be worn when swimming in the Whitsundays