Hunter Valley Resort
Room Only from €68 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Catering to couples, families, groups and solo travellers, the Hunter Valley Resort is a great base for exploring this wonderful part of the world. A secluded, family-run property, set on 70 acres of vineyard leaving you in the perfect place to explore a range of vineyards and enjoy great local activities. This property features only 35 room and cottages, for a more intimate and secluded retreat, all are well-appointed with luxurious furnishings and amenities.
Staying in the Hunter Valley wouldn’t be complete without sampling the wine on offer – and you’re in luck because the Hunter Valley Resort’s cellar has 49 different wines from ten local producers. On-site you’ll also find an Italian restaurant, a massage parlour and a host of interesting activities.
Sitting with 70 acres of rolling Shiraz vineyards, the resort is at the heart of the world famous Hunter Valley with spectacular views and numerous vineyards and wine-tastings nearby,
- 2 hours and 30 minutes drive from Sydney Airport
- 3 hour train journey from Sydney Central Station to Hunter Valley takes around 3 hours. Meet and greet packages are available.
There is a total of 35 rooms on the property, all featuring:
- Air conditioning
- Flat screen LCD TV
- DVD player
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Iron/ ironing board
- Mini fridge
- Clock radio
- CD player
- Writing desk
The following room types are available:
- Hunter Room – Spacious rooms feature timber cathedral ceilings, private balconies, with a queen size beds and two singles
- Vineyard Room – These large rooms, featuring lovely views of the Brokenback Ranges from the covered balcony, are ideal for couples or solo travellers with a king-size bed or two single beds (on request)
- Spa Cottage Room – Based in their own cottage, these rooms offer privacy and seclusion for a peaceful and relaxed stay, the rooms also come a spa bathtub, upgraded amenities, a private balcony overlooking the vineyards and are equipped with kitchenette facilities.
- Two Bedroom Cottage – Ideal for a family or two couples looking for privacy, this large cottage features a Hollywood king bed, a queen bed and a double or sofa bed in the separate living area, a large balcony, upgradeed amenities and a kithenette. Sleeps up to six people.
- Matilda Bay Brewhouse – Relaxed restaurant and bar serving up delicious Italian dishes with traditional brewhouse favourites including pasta, pizza and salads. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, reservations for dinner are recommended, a takeaway menu is also available daily from 12pm - 8pm. The bar is open all day serving up superb local wines and unique craft beers.
- The Hunter Wine Theatre experience
- Heavenly Hunter Massage Centre offers a range of spa treatments
- Cooking School
- Candy making class
- Pizza making
- Horse riding
- Electric bikes
- Segway tour
- Barrel rolling
- Grape stomping