Covid-19 Travel Advice for Existing Customers. Click here
Sydney holidays - Lively, colourful and cool
Australia’s largest city and arguably its most well-known. You’ll know the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge, but beneath the beautiful, bustling surface there are a number of hidden wonders to explore. Big, brash and beautiful, Sydney is arguably the most cultured and cosmopolitan of Australia’s cities. Spend your days sightseeing and taking in the cultural quirks, then in the evening sample the culinary delights of Sydney’s multicultural restaurants or drink late into the night.
Discover Australia's most famous city
Sydney is a city of icons. Jutting out into the harbour is Sydney Opera House, one of the most recognisable symbols of Australia. Catching your first glimpse of this distinctive structure and marvelling at how impressive it actually is in person speaks a deeper truth: Sydney is more amazing than you ever imagined.
Beyond the Opera House you’ll see the towering Harbour Bridge, arching over the landscape. And then there’s the Harbour itself; a body of disarmingly blue water frequented by meandering boats. Bondi Beach is here too, famous for its shimmering sand, ubiquitous smiles and bronzed residents.
And you could spend a whole holiday just indulging in these sights, but that would be a shame, as Sydney is so much more than a collection of clichés. Delve into the backstreets and you’ll find charming bars and restaurants, and a plethora of unique museums and art galleries – a cultural treasure trove.
Top reasons to visit Sydney:
- The beaches are spectacular and the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the mellow atmosphere
- Gastronomically, Sydney is diverse and abundant
- The city is packed with iconic sights, such as the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge
- Explore the galleries and cultural scene - there's always something to do here
- Visitors seeking active pursuits will have plenty of choice, from surfing to bike tours