Take one of Australia’s most iconic rail journeys as you travel from Darwin to Adelaide on this 8 day tour. Riding the Ghan is one of Australia’s most incredible experiences – taking in the breathtaking scenery from the comfort of your own private cabin you’ll enjoy gourmet food, high quality service and some of the most remarkable views in the world. Find the perfect mixture of luxury and adventure as you travel between two of Australia’s favourite cities.
Flying in to Darwin, you’ll spend two nights getting to know this vibrant city before you board The Ghan train and begin an unforgettable journey. This all-inclusive train stops off at Katherine where you’ll stop off to see the stunning Katherine Gorge. You’ll then travel onwards through the Outback to Alice Springs and Coober Pedy where you’ll get to enjoy trips throughout these unique towns and learn about their history. You’ll then arrive in Adelaide for a two night stay – sample fine restaurants and visit the famous galleries and museums (TM).
- Explore two of Australia’s most vibrant cities, Adelaide and Darwin
- Ride The Ghan, a world famous train journey
- Visit Alice Springs to see the outback’s finest oasis town
- Learn about Coober Pedy, an outback village where the majority live under ground
- Marvel at the dramatic scenery of Katherine Gorge
Tailor-make this holiday:
Our travel specialists can tailor-make this itinerary to your requirements, whether you’d like to extend your stay, change a hotel or perhaps you would like an upgraded stay along the way – our experts will be happy to create a tailor-made holiday for you.
- 3-night train journey on the Ghan
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- Low deposits