Uluru & Kings Canyon Discovery
2 nights from €799 per person
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
This two night independent tour departs daily from Alice Springs and is the ideal way to see the overwhelming and majestic sights of Uluru (Ayers Rock). You’ll enjoy a base tour around the monolith of Uluru, see the sun set on day one and watch the sun rise on day two. Two incredible and visually impressive experiences you will never forget. Combined with visits to Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon, this tour encompasses the highlights of the Red Centre, providing a short, but experience fuelled three days. With an experienced and knowledgeable guide to lead the way, this is a stress-free way to see the sights in comfort (AA).
- Experience a base tour and the sunset at Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Watch the sunrise at Uluru
- Marvel at the sacred site of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
- See marvellous views of Watarrka National Park on a guided climb to the rim of Kings Canyon
Alice Springs – Uluru (Ayers Rock) Base Tour & Sunset
After exploring the bustling outback town of Alice Springs in your own time, your 2-night tour will start and your mini adventure commences, driving south to a camel farm. Why not take the opportunity for a short camel ride (own expense)? Before arriving at Uluru, you’ll make a stop to view the majestic Atila (Mt. Conner) on your way to Ayers Rock Resort.
Your Driver Guide will take you on a close up tour this afternoon, around the base of Uluru. You’ll view ancient rock art and learn some fascinating and unique Aboriginal history. Continuing on, you’ll arrive at the Kuniya Walk, where you’ll be escorted to the Mutitjulu Waterhole. Visit the Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre for arts, crafts and cultural insights. Perfect photo opportunities await you later in the afternoon, when you finally get to witness the incredible colour changes of Uluru at sunset. Sparkling wine and tasty nibbles will accompany this extraordinary experience. If you choose to, you can add on an optional experience, with an Uluru BBQ dinner. After sunset, an exclusive dinner is provided, with sparkling wine and delicious food. Weather permitting, you’ll have the opportunity for some of the world’s best star gazing too.
Overnight: Desert Gardens Hotel (Standard) or Sails in the Desert Hotel (Superior), Ayers Rock Resort.
Uluru Sunrise – Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) – Kings Canyon
Watching the sunrise at Uluru is a sight not to be missed. You’ll be warmed with hot tea or coffee as you watch the rising sun set the rock alight, in fiery shades of red and orange. You’ll enjoy lovely panoramic views on your way to see the magical domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), before arriving at Walpa Gorge’s base. These 36 colossal domes hold majestic appeal as you spend time exploring the gorge and the unique rock formations. A moderate level of fitness is required as the ground is uneven, however you can return to your coach at any point. From here, you’ll travel on during the afternoon in to Kings Canyon, enjoying the unique landscape of the outback from the comfort of your air-conditioned coach.
Overnight: Kings Canyon Resort, Standard Rooms (Budget or Standard) or Kings Canyon Resort, Deluxe Spa Rooms (Superior).
Kings Canyon – Farewell from Alice Springs
Join a guided walk for an impressive rim walk around Kings Canyon and staggering views of Watarrka National Park. A good level of fitness is required for this walk, however there is easier walk available, which takes you along the canyon creek bed, strewn with boulders and still a very pleasant and scenic experience. Next, it’s the busy township of Alice Springs, where your short break in the outback concludes. Accommodation will need to be pre-booked for tonight as you return at 7.00pm. Be sure to explore Alice Springs before you continue your Australian adventure.
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- All accommodation (2 nights)
- Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park Ticket
- Experienced Driver Guides and informative commentary throughout
- Return airport transfers (flight details to be provided 14 days prior to travel)
- Visit to a camel farm. View Atila (Mt. Conner). Base tour and guided walk at Uluru (Ayers Rock), See Mutitjulu Waterhole, ancient rock art and learn about Aboriginal culture. Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre. Uluru Sunset viewing with wine and nibbles. Uluru sunrise viewing and Domes of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas). Walpa Gorge to see rock formations. Guided climb to rim of Kings Canyon.
What’s Not Included
- Optional excursions
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle (1 litre) or, 3 litres if doing the Kings Canyon rim walk
- Jacket in the cooler months
Departs daily from Alice Springs