Hobart holidays - Stunning, historic and eclectic
A beautiful, secluded island state near Australia's south coast, Tasmania provides impressive sceneries for a few of our Australian hotels and tours. Snuggled between a picturesque harbour and with a gorgeous mountainous setting, the capital, Hobart, is a regular hot spot on our Tasmanian escorted tours.
A cool city with a beautiful mountain backdrop
The capital city of Tasmania is the second oldest city in Australia with classic examples of Victorian and Georgian architecture.
It’s also one of the coolest – both in terms of climate and character. The temperate oceanic climate makes it comfortable all year round, while the range of museums, galleries, restaurants and festivals ensures a great atmosphere whenever you visit.
Probably the most relaxed state capital, Hobart prides itself on a tranquil way of life. You can enjoy excellent views of the often snow-capped Mount Wellington, take a visit to the Cadbury’s Chocolate Factory or even try your luck in Wrest Point Casino, Australia’s first casino.
Why visit Tasmania?
- Hobart serves as a fantastic base for your exploration of Tasmania – visit the national parks and see the incredible scenery up close
- Learn about chocolate making in the fantastic Cadbury’s Chocolate Factory
- Visit the Cascade Brewery, the oldest in Australia
- Go on a wine tour and explore some of the nearby vineyards
- See the incredible soaring Cradle Mountain in Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park