Great Ocean Road & Grampians Discovery
Bed & Breakfast 5 nights from €1,349 per person
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Discover the diverse landscape of Victoria on this 5-night escorted tour which includes the laid-back surfer’s lifestyle of Torquay, the breath-taking Great Ocean Road with all its natural wonders, spectacular scenic coastal drive, beauty and wildlife of the Grampians (INT-PACGR).
• Stroll through the Maits Rest rainforest whilst listening out for birds
• Take in the views at Teddy’s Lookout
• Travel down the Gibson Steps to the giant stone monuments dotted along the shoreline
• See the famous twelve apostles
• Discover the Tyrendarra protected area and its volcanic landscape
• Enjoy a traditional bush dinner cooked by a local chef
Arrive in Melbourne today and explore the city in search of the attractions, culture and something to eat in this foodie hot spot. Perhaps visit Queen Victoria Market, Royal Botanic Gardens, an art gallery, museum or wander the boutique shops. Tonight, join your Travel Director for a welcome reception in the evening and then get some sleep before your adventure begins tomorrow.
Apollo Bay and Kennett River
Depart Melbourne this morning with a stop in Torquay – a town made famous for its fantastic surfing beaches. After a morning tea you will continue onward to Memorial Arch, a timber log archway which is a tribute to the World War One servicemen who constricted the Great Ocean Road. Enjoy lunch and a stroll in Lorne, a laid-back seaside town. Continue the scenic coastal drive to Teddy’s Lookout where you can take in the views of the rugged hills, try spotting Koalas near Kennett River before arriving at Apollo Bay for the evening.
The Twelve Apostles and Warrnambool
Start the day in the Great Otway National Park with a guided walk through the Maits Rest rainforest. Look out for a wide variety of birds, including 43 species that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Experience the Great Ocean Road further by walking along it to the Gibson Steps, where you will see the stunning towering cliffs and offshore columns that are dotted along the coastline. Continue along the Great Ocean Road to one of Australia’s best-known natural wonders, the twelve Apostles. This magnificent rock formation has been created by constant erosion of the limestone cliffs over millions of years. Winding through lush forests to Loch Ard Gorge where you will discover this picturesque gorge and bay with an inlet of crystal clear blue waters. Take a lunch break in the charming seaside town of Port Campbell and then onto London Bridge, The Grotto and the Bay of Martyrs before arriving in Warrnambool for the night where you will enjoy dinner with the group.
Warrnambool and Halls Gap
Spend the day exploring the Tyrendarra protected area where you will take a tour of this volcanic landscape which was created by the eruption of Tower Hill around 32,000 years ago. You will be accompanied by an experience local Worn Gundidj guide for an interactive and informative walk. You will have an exclusive opportunity to explore the natural habitats of the wildlife at Tower Hill, understand the traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander lifestyles whilst learning how to identify native plants for food and medicinal purposes and be taught by the locals how to throw a boomerang.
(Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Halls Gap and the Grampians
Discover the glorious sandstone mountains, wildflowers and dramatic lookouts at the Grampians National Park. Begin the day with a hike to The Pinnacle via Devil’s Gap, keeping an eye out for the wildlife and the jaw-dropping views of Halls Gap and the Gampians peaks from the lookout spot. After a brief lunch, carry on with an easy walk to The Balconies for panoramic views of Victoria Valley and Mackenzie Falls where water cascades down the huge cliffs into a deep pool. After a long day of walking, relax and enjoy a traditional Australian bush dinner which has been cooked by a local chef using native ingredients.
(Breakfast and dinner included)
Halls Gap to Melbourne
Head back to Melbourne today with a stop in the laid-back town of Beaufort for morning tea or coffee.
• 5 nights of accommodation
• 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners including a native food bush dinner
• Visit to Memorial Arch and Teddy’s Lookout above Lorne; Koala spotting on the Great Ocean Road; View the Lockh Ard Gorge, 12 Apostles & London Bridge; Great Ocean Walk with the Gibson Steps; Guided rainforest walk through Maits Rest; Guided Worn Gundidj Cultural tour; Pinnacles walk & viewing Mackenzie Falls at Grampains and a native food bush dinner.
• Internal transport
• Tour guide throughout
What’s Not Included (optional excursions)
• Melbourne city sights kayak tour
• Multicultural markets of Melbourne
• Made in Melbourne tour
• Shipwrecked or Harpooned show & dinner
• Twelve Apostles helicopter flight